Large Loss Claims
HVACi understands that Large Loss Claims carry significant risk and scrutiny beyond traditional HVAC commercial claims. Our best practices, developed after years of large loss experience, ensure a smooth process from beginning to end.
CHALLENGES WITH TRADITIONAL ASSESSMENTS
Large loss claims need more than the standard commercial process.
Large Loss HVAC claims frequently receive the same traditional assessment process that’s applied to standard commercial claims despite their increased size and scope. Those procedures don’t adequately address the complexity and assessment scope that large loss claims demand. Consequences of traditional assessments for large loss claims include:
- Disorganized, haphazard processes without clear milestones or management
- Error-ridden field reports that require multiple revisions
- Limited interactions with the insured’s contractor
- Slow turnaround times ranging from weeks to months
- Subpar service levels that aren’t comparable to the risk
- Poor or non-existent post-claim follow-up
BENEFITS OF HVACi’S LARGE LOSS CLAIM SOLUTION
Adapting a process specific to large loss claims
HVACi developed best practices and processes to address the unique needs of large loss claims and deliver maximum value for carriers without impacting claim accuracy or turnaround time. HVACi’s large loss process enhances service delivery for the following disciplines:
- Improved Turnaround Times: Onsite and in-office team members are linked faster and more easily through technology-enabled tools.
- Resource Organization and Management: Our method incorporates a specialized workforce of subject matter experts, detailed project planning, pre-inspection preparation, and pre-built system inventories.
- Validated Accuracy: Uploading assessment data directly from the field, confirming accuracy through multi-step data validation, and engaging in post claim discussions with the adjuster, the policyholder, and the insured’s contractor ensure precision.
HVACi’S LARGE LOSS TEAM
A designated team of large loss experts
HVACi’s large loss team is a specialized workforce made up of subject matter experts in the fields of HVAC diagnosis, technology, claims processing, report writing, and pricing research. This expertise enables HVACi to dramatically shorten turnaround time through parallel processing and multi-step data validation.
Determines turnaround time and pricing with the adjuster, leads discussion with the insured’s contractor, measures the team against timelines and milestones, estimates the level of effort for operational staffing, and functions as primary point of contact for the adjuster
Conducts the onsite technical assessment, provides damage determination and cause of loss, verifies the repairability vs. replacement of damaged systems, determines the repair method(s) as appropriate, and provides post-claim technical support
Provides onsite documentation, collects and documents system photographs, uploads data directly from the field, coordinates with the inside team, and ensures that the assessment stays on track
Verifies the integrity of data uploaded by the field associate, matches field data to pre-built system information, loads site layouts and schematics, and operates as secondary point of contact for the adjuster
Researches parts/materials pricing and availability, conducts report prep work, generates final report, and provides post-claim clarifications
Attends to any customer service escalation and provides post-claim dispute resolution