The Phaseout of R-22 Refrigerant White Paper
After 10 years of talk about the phaseout of R-22 refrigerant, the time has finally come for what used to be the leading residential HVAC refrigerant.
Meanwhile, a lot of misinformation surrounds the ban on production and import of R-22. As an adjuster, it’s important for you to understand the related implications on property claims, and what the future may hold for HVAC refrigerant.
To ensure that you have all the facts about this federal regulation, we’ve developed an extensive white paper on the subject. This resource includes discussion of:
- The legality of continued use of R-22 in HVAC systems.
- The Montreal Protocol, which required the manufacture and importation of R-22 to end in the United States as of January 1, 2020.
- Recovering, recycling, and reclaiming of R-22.
- Alternative refrigerants approved by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The effect of the Kigali Amendment on the production and use of the replacement refrigerant R-410a.
To receive your free copy of our white paper “The Phaseout of R-22 Refrigerant,” please fill out the provided form.